The most capable carrier based fighter-bomber of World War II featured the largest engine available at the time: the 2,000 hp, 18-cylinder Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp radial. It was the first US warplane to exceed 400 mph in level flight. The plane featured an unusual inverted gull wing to keep the undercarriage short while allowing the use of the large diameter propeller demanded by the powerful engine.
- Age: 14 years and up
- Extraordinary 3-D laser cut models that assemble in about 40 minutes.
- Models average in size between 8 to 10cm.
- Silver Base is not included
- These metal miniatures allow you to construct these yourself and show off on your desk or home. Each model is amazingly detailed laser etching.
- Simply pop out the pieces by hand or with the aid of wire cutters. Then connect each piece at the attachment points according to the easy to follow instruction sheet included with each model. This can be accomplished by hand or facilitated by using needle nose pliers.
- Easy and fast to assemble.