The Golden Hind or Hinde was an English galleon best known for its circumnavigation of the globe between 1577 and 1580, captained by Sir Francis Drake. She was originally known as the Pelican, but was renamed by Drake mid-voyage in 1578, as he prepared to enter the Strait of Magellan, calling it the Golden Hind to compliment his patron, Sir Christopher Hatton, whose armorial crest was a golden 'hind' (a female deer). Hatton was one of the principal sponsors of Drake's world voyage.
- Age: 14 years and up
- Extraordinary 3-D laser cut models that assemble in about 40 minutes.
- Models average in size between 8 to 10cm.
- Silver Base is not included
- These metal miniatures allow you to construct these yourself and show off on your desk or home. Each model is amazingly detailed laser etching.
- Simply pop out the pieces by hand or with the aid of wire cutters. Then connect each piece at the attachment points according to the easy to follow instruction sheet included with each model. This can be accomplished by hand or facilitated by using needle nose pliers.
- Easy and fast to assemble.